We are preparing for another fine boating season. Our Chris-Craft Riviera is almost back together and the rivers are getting down to a safer level:
- Cleaned and inspected the bilge. — Found a few small soft spots. Picked at the soft spots a little with an awl then sanded to bare wood all around the areas. Applied heat to the bottom beneath the area and a fan inside for a few days to help remove any moisture. Soaked the areas down with CPES. After 6 days, recoated with West System epoxy.
- Rudder and shaft logs have new flax packing installed. Shaft log’s hose replaced. (ShopNote: 2′ of 1/4″ flax packing is enough for 5 – 1″ rings. Shaft log uses 1 1/2″ hose with #28 or 57mm hose clamps. Packing and Locking nuts are 2 1/4″)
- Fuel tank removed, cleaned, reinstalled. — Removal was necessarily to access the rudder log and change the packing. Also changed the fuel tank’s strap connections.
- Fuel lines — Will be replacing all the rubber hose with copper tubing…
- Interior — Need to put the floor and seats back in…
Sorry there are no pictures… Somewhere in the middle of all this my camera died and I lost about a week’s worth of pictures.
The fuel lines will be reinstalled later today and hopefully we can get our Riviera in the water this weekend.