|Marrying into a family of wooden boaters...
We needed our own Chris-Craft...
- Pops has a 1940 19' Chris-Craft "Custom" Barrelback
- Heidi an 18' Riviera just like ours (1951)
- Dude runs a 1957 Sportsman
- Synda and Gary have a 40 something Deluxe
- The "Family" boat is a 26' Chris-Craft Sea-Skiff
- There's a Lyman up the cottage...
Feelers were put out...
Pops contacted ? with a description of what we wanted. (the
what...) We received photos of several boats in various stages
of rot and finally settled on the boat pictured to the right.
The boat was looking more antique than classic, but most
of the boat appeared to be there...
We found her hull number stamped on a couple of the frame
members and on the forward surface of the aft deck beam. Then
we contacted the Mariner's
Museum and requested their "research package"
on this boat. They have all the old Chris-Craft
data archived and have prepare research packages tailored
to a specific Chris-Craft boat based on its "hull number."
The "research package" contained all the literature
to give us an accurate picture of our boat's original styling